On 6/2/06, Josh Leo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

to me, my father's 8mm films hold endless amounts of meaning (I never knew him, and now i can feel a connection, and know something more about him)

to you they may seem like crappy videos of boring people walking in a lake or leaving for prom... they are "meaningless" to you

To me those videos are extremely significant

to the rest of the world, nothing would change if they didn't exist.

I'm glad to see someone send this.  I have stopped making videos for anybody but me.  I've accepted that I have no desire to be a roving reporter, and, having uncovered a wealth of home movies that my kids made when they were learning how to use a camera, it gives me tremendous pleasure to make videos like "Star Warts:  The Remake of the Jedi" (http://blip.tv/file/get/Basykes-RemakeOfTheJediPart1964.mov) available to a wider audience, even if it's only an audience of 2 or 3)

-Bev Sykes
http://funnytheblog.blogspot.com
http://www.funnytheworld.com

Fireant Individual Typepad