I thought this was really cool:
http://www.paulcolligan.com/2006/10/17/levelator-hack-1-levelate-your-garageband-podcast-in-4-simple-steps/
You can levelate your garageband podcast to improve sound quality. I just got
my mac today, so i'm going to play around with that.

On 11/28/06, Kary Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:>> I've used Levelator with
good results. The specific cases that I used> it for were recordings at a
theatre with nothing but the built in> camera microphone. You could hear the
audience laughing easily but the> people on stage, not so much. I extracted the
audio, ran it through> Levelator and then imported the resulting "levelated"
audio file.>> http://www.gigavox.com/levelator>> HTH,>> -kr>> On Nov 28, 2006,
at 8:42 PM, Angus McIntyre wrote:>> > Can anyone recommend a tool for improving
sound quality on recorded> > video? Something that's optimized for speech would
be the preferred> > choice, and Macintosh freeware would be ideal. A friend
wants to> > clean up a recording of a presentation and says that the speaker's>
> voice is almost unintelligible due to poor recording quality.> >> > The
picture apparently isn't great either - I haven't seen or heard> > the footage
myself, I'm only going by what she says - so any hints or> > tools that might
improve the appearance of poor-quality camcorder> > footage would also be
welcome.> >> > Thanks,> >> > Angus>> --> Kary Rogers> http://karyhead.com>> >--