I believe every social network has a responsibility to its users. It
comes with the territory.

Having an emergency protocol in place is not unreasonable. It doesn't
have to take the form of dedicated staff members monitoring profiles
or keywords, but some employees should be trained in crisis
intervention -- and there should be some way of contacting these
people in case of emergency.

-Rick