Off the top of my head, the N800 has a faster processor (330mhz), additional
memory (though the 770 could be easily hacked to have comparable memory -2g
I think).  Both run linux and there is a good community of people who
develop for the 770.  The 800 will have a similar community, no doubt.

It's not a full-fledged UMPC, but it's close.  For a real UMPC, you could
look at the Samsung Q1 or possibly one of the nicer models from TabletKiosk.
The tabletscape (like the blogosphere but tablet afficianados) is a great
place to start looking for reviews on devices like this.  I've watched at
least 3 unboxings or full out reviews of the N800 this week and last week,
so if you need some help locating some videos let me know.  The video blogs
from some of these guys are amazing.

Take a look at the LG KE850:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/13/video-of-lgs-ke850-its-no-poser/

Robyn