I have a new Samsung camera that shoots in AVI.  I use iMovie and the
compression settings from Freevlog to convert it to Quicktime and
there is no problem.  In fact, two videos show just that, "Art
Against AIDS"    http://randolfe_wicker.blip.tv/file/109868/  and
also "Baby Monroe" http://youtube.com/watch?v=vRmaDu7Q2nQ

I've started learning Final Cut Express and really do not like it.
Once footage is in Final Cut, you can only get it out by re-importing
it back into your camera and then reloading it into iMovie.  If you
export using regular "Quicktime Conversion" you get a huge file on
your desktop.  then you can reimport it into iMovie but when you
reconvert using the Freevlog settings, you get a really bad quality
file.

I have the 3ivx program but haven't really started using it yet.
Hope this is helpful.  For some reason, when I post to the group, my
postings never appear.  So, I'll copy this and send it to those most
interested in it.  I'll figure out the problem with Yahoo.  I had to
take a different name there (Humancloner 1997) after my main email
address was cancelled & my usual name "Randolfe" was "taken" (by
me).  I finally gave up and took the second name.

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

http://www.RandyWickerReporting.blogspot.com
Hoboken, N.J. 07030
201-656-3280