From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Gromik Tohoku
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:42 PM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: DVD hacking?

Dear Videobloggers,

Currently I am trying to understand if it is possible
to go inside the programming of a DVD to edit the
film. Is that possible?

Next what I would like to do is find the program which
tells the DVD which subtitles to play. I want to be
able to then edit the film segments I want and index
these segments via the subtitles. Is that possible?

The aim is to take the legal portion of a film (10% or
less - I imagine) for educational language learning
purposes. I would like to put the subtitles index on a
website (private - not public) so that students can
click on a subtitle and see the film segment and view
the context and content of the said subtitle.

Any suggestions or advice are welcome.

Nicolas

Gromik Nicolas
Tohoku University