There's a <copyright> element in RSS 2.0, but that's a human-readable
string and not really useful for machines. If you want machines to read
the license info the CC namespace seems to be the way to go. It doesn't
help that <copyright> is a channel-level element so it's completely
useless in many cases.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen