It's funny, I have changed my reaction to what you said about six
times!  But yeah, you're right. Using that resource and promoting
those who choose a different path from the regular system is a Good
Thing in my book, even if I don't feel passionately political about
it in my bones.  And I frequently enjoy the stuff I hear on people's
vlogs in the same way I enjoy being introduced to a commercial album
by a friend.   Don't download much because I'm stupid and I buy too
much off iTunes.

So I resolve to listen to and use more CC music.  From my POV,
though, I don't know whether I'd agree that I 'trample on' musicians'
rights if I use copyrighted music in a vlog occasionally.   I'm not
making any money off the back of using it, and to some extent I'm
promoting their album to my friends & family (2 had not heard Jose G
before my last vid and said they wanted to hear more).  If I use a
piece of music and it enhances my film better than anything CC I have
heard, and if I just don't have the time to go out and spend hours
searching for CC stuff that fits better - am I really doing anything
morally objectionable, other than missing an opportunity to promote
an alternative system?  I'm guessing that you feel that copyright is
something that just should not be compromised under any circumstances.