Looks amazing.  I love Canon cameras - i have an old Canon XL1.
colours, low-light and lens all amazing.  (even though I mostly just
use my nokia or my kodak for vlogging.)

Also saw this JVC on Videomaker.com's weekly vlog last week,
announced at CES - costs more but full HD and 5 hours of hard drive
recording:

http://www.jvc.com/press/index.jsp?urlid=MPPress&item=565

It seems incredible that AT LAST we can have this kind of image power
in consumer hands.  professional cameras with lesser quality
cost tens or hundreds of thousands just a few years ago.  2 weeks
ago, I saw a rough cut of feature a friend of mine had shot on a
shoestring.  Visually *astonishing*, but shot on a £2k Sony HD in the
middle of nowhere in Yorkshire.  i've been waiting for this level of
quality and price to come for so long - it opens so many more doors.

"to me the great hope is that now... people who normally wouldn't be
making movies are going to be making them, and suddenly one day some
little fat girl in ohio is going to be the new mozart and make a
beautiful film with her father's camcorder
and for once the so called professionalism about movies will be
smashed - forever.  and it will really become an art form.  that's my
opinion."  francis coppola, hearts of darkness, 1988.

"the future is now!  the future is now!  the future is now!"

Rupert

http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio