You summarized it beautifully Jan. Simple, if not easy. And easier for
some than others. Beach Walks - as a show - was founded on the
principle of "don't get invested in the results of what you do."  It
takes guts on some days, on other days it is utterly liberating. Your
words are going on my bulletin board.

When there is true peership among a producer and a sponsor *and* the
audience, it is in everyone's best interest to tell and hear the
truth. We just don't have many examples of that yet, though many are
in the works.

>>> How do we pry ourselves off the dilemma's horns? Hmmm?

>>> By committing to tell the truth at the risk of losing the
advertising client.
>>> By choosing clients carefully.

Rox