For the record, I'm not hating on the YT crowd. It is a platform, a
community and a common meeting ground. A co-worker who had never been
on YT received an email from a pilot friend that someone in his crowd
posted a video on a multiple system failure landing. That community is
now checking out that video from around the world.

I couldn't drag him to my vlog if I wanted to. But when a friend told
him that there is a video about aeronautics he was there in a heartbeat.

Content, it is about relevant content to the users. That is a very
positive aspect of YT.  The social aspect of it is intriguing. The
level of comments posted I could do without but trolls are trolls.

I hate, abhor, do not like and otherwise don't care for the terms of
services. I have said that many, many times. Until that changes and
the users are factored into any profits that are generated by the
videos I'll stand on the other side of the fence. Happily.

The other questions:

The short answer is yes. There are range of people of
color/ethnicity/terrestrial and extraterrestrial in the group.

In one sense I wished it didn't matter what the background of the
vlogger is. I will be honest enough to say that for my initial blog
and conversations here I did not identify myself as "African-American"
mainly for self-defense purposes. I wanted the blog/vlog judge for
content not personality or gender or anything else.

As time went on I began to understand that if I choses to continue to
do this then I had to step forward. Because people, mainly male tech
people kept saying there were no women vloggers or vloggers of color.

We are here. More are coming.