iTunes Store purchased video: 320 by 240 pixels or 640 by 480
pixels.  Neither of which are widescreen, unless letterboxed.

320x240 must look not-very-great stretched out on a screen, unless
it's played at original size on black bg?  Is it?

640x480 probably looks OK, does it - still a bit pixellated?

Largest it'll take is 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps (why 24? PAL is
25, NTSC is 30)
or 960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps

both of which must produce large file sizes?

What's the best compromise?  What mixes minimal distortion and file
size?

And how does it display non-widescreen video - with a left and right
'letterbox' or does it let TV handle that?

Rupert
http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
http://www.crowdabout.us/fatgirlinohio/myshow/