--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Other films have used camcorders for some of the footage. 28 Days Later,
> Tadpole, Dancer in the Dark, Blair Witch Project (ok, bad example).
>
> Of course, "camcorder" is a pretty broad term these days. A $3,000-6,000
> HDV video camera can be considered a "camcorder" to film producers used
> to using $50,000-200,000 film cameras.
>
> My opinion: The trailer had to be shot with something that can do 1080i
> or 1080p. I watched the 480p trailer at apple.com, and it looked
damn good.

I agree that whatever that footage was shot on was capturing in high
quality of some format.  I saw the trailer in the theater while I was
waiting to see "Transformers", and I thought it was the beginning of
the Transformers movie itself. :)  Especially considering that the
Transformers trailers showed fireballs coming down from the sky and so
did this video I was watching that I later found out was a trailer for
something else.

As long as you have a lightweight camera, it's easy to emulate the
movements of "camcorder" footage.  It's also easy to compress the
video in post in a certain way that makes it look more like consumer
video than it actually does when it's captured.

--
billcammack