> I have to be perfectly blunt with you: Get over it. It's $30 each time and
> it's not like they release a new version very often. You pay to upgrade
> every other piece of commercial software also.

I didn't mind the bluntness :) I have paid for QT Pro at least three times.

In the PC world, this is mostly not true. Upgrades are almost always
cheaper than first purchase, even with cheap programs. It's called
customer lifetime goodwill and it's a good thing. However, $30 is
about the psychological limit for me on little tools like this. I did
buy it, so long ago I forgot what version I had. At first glanc,
visual hub looks worthwhile on the Mac and I think it's similar price.
It works very well for me and does FLV as some have mentioned here.

/r