Yeah,
I never watch live TV any more.  Or any TV, I guess.
Interesting timing of the question - we just finally got round to
cancelling our satellite TV, and last night - for the first time in a
long time - I saw a news bulletin and a police drama on TV and
couldn't believe it.  They looked so weird.  It was like when you go
to another country and you turn on the TV and everything looks a bit
ugly and unfamiliar.  But it was the BBC.

I felt like I was watching a parody - the weird lacquered-over news
presenters trying to be friendly to "you" from behind a desk - or,
more disturbing, standing up to introduce reports and graphics
(uselessly, but like they were poised for some kind of action).

And in the police drama, I found myself laughing out loud at the
staging of the shots, the editing, the construction of the narrative,
the hamminess of the script and acting.

I realised I'd been watching nothing but videoblogs for at least 3
months.  I suddenly have this incredible bullshit detector.

The last thing I watched on TV was Lost, which ended in May, I
think.  Someone I know makes a couple of shows, but one of them's a
panel discussion and the BBC video podcast that, so I usually watch
it on iTunes or on my iPod.

Even radio has fallen away. For years, I started the day listening to
the Radio 4 Today Programme, which is full of journalists getting
aggressive with politicians, but I can't cope with its relentless
pitching of opposing points of view against each other, and the
fruitless search for a truth or admission that never comes.
Everything on TV or radio or in the papers now seems like an
expensive Punch and Judy show staged to keep children quiet at a party.

I guess videoblogging has turned me into a freak, outside the
acceptable discourse of main stream society.  On the tube home this
evening, I watched Raymond cycling round Copenhagen for 15 minutes on
my iPod.  Not saying anything, just cycling along the streets.  It
was really calming to watch on a hot, crowded tube.  But the people
squished in next to me must have wondered what the *hell* was being
said or sung over the video to make it so interesting.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/twittervlog/