--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After reading these posts, and my original post, I found something
> that I am not too happy with.  I was originally looking for ways to
> make the bit work, but now realize, that this attempt at comedy is far
> too steeped in racism.  We don't need to represent Loren Feldman in a
> hood, or bring up more stereotypes.

I disagree.  He starts out the video with the question "where are the
black tech bloggers?"  And it was reminiscent of when Renetto asked
"why aren't there more Black people on youtube?"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HBNBNxrrGb0

This is who I think he was attempting to satirize.  The privileged
liberal white guy who is oblivious to his privilege.   I think there's
a rich vein of material here.

And I think he intended his message to be, "look at me, I'm so not a
racist because I at least know enough about black culture (I own
fiddy's albums)  that I can make fun of it.  And I'm comfortable doing
it.  I'm not like those other white tech guys who tip-toe around this
issue like they're in shark infested water."

But he has such a weak grip on his art, he doesn't realize what he's
actually doing is asking the question, "why are there no black tech
bloggers?" and answering it with "it's cause they're pimps and hoes".
  The sentiments of a true racist.

It could have been done right and actually been funny if he had a clue
of what he was doing.