On 8/7/07, Mark Schoneveld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   I find it completely odd that FCP and FCE can't handle .mp4 video while
> iMovie crunches
> through it with no problem. I think probably, since most devices record to
> .mp4, the codec
> was designed more for viewing and not for editing.

this is because imovie converts your .mp4 into DV for editing.
unless you are using the mp4 format for your project....
which i've never gotten to work!
this is why imovie rocks with most formats because it converts if first.

p.s. i was wrong about FCP not playing my mp4s. FCP will play all my mp4s
and edit them, but if i put any filters or transitions, it will not render
them
but it will export them fine. odd.
my latest video has some color correction and a fade in and i was all cut in
FCP with the new xacti h.264 mp4 footage:
http://ryanedit.blogspot.com/2007/08/thailand-week-1.html

I started my Live Music Journal video blog (

--
http://tinyurl.com/2fo5a2
We're in Thailand and Cambodia!