I don't get it. "The silence from this group is deafening?" You're
accusing us of being hypocritical?  Of "hollow words to market
another dotcom product or service"?
One email at 3.00, asking if any vloggers are nearby, then a link to
a million-viewed Youtube video at 7.00, then you post at 8.00 all
hostile.
If your point is Why Didn't We Discuss This Before, then why didn't
you bring it up before, instead of just sitting on your hands,
silently getting angry about the deafening silence from this group?
Personally, until Heath's post, which I read after reading yours, I
didn't know anything about it - first news I heard of it in the UK
was last night, and there was no mention of videoblogging or the web
as a crucial part of the story.  And you know what, I didn't find out
from your unhelpfully toned and negative message.
This isn't a rolling news discussion group.  If you think something
is worthy of discussion, bring it up.  Don't sit silent and then
accuse everyone else of being dishonest or hypocritical for doing the
same.