Hi everyone:

On 10/22/07, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>  I still advise caution on that interpretation of the market.  My own
>  interpretation of mobile companies offering video services is that
>  they are selling their own content from their own portals. That's how
>  it is in the UK, anyway - most video consumed on phones is P*rn/Soft
>  P*rn & Sport & Comedy clips sold through the provider's channels.
>  Access to third party podcasting is not highlighted, nor is it very
>  easy and it's only sought out by the truly dedicated. And since
>  nobody even on this list of early adopters has ever said they do it,
>  except as an experiment (Steve G), I stand by my thoughts.  As for
>  embedding watchable video on a web page for viewing on a mobile
>  device... you can see how the magnificent http://wreckandsalvage.com
>  do it - I wonder if they have many mobile views.

But if we *don't* start going after cell phone users and their phones,
we'll be handing them over to the telcos and their HOMOGENIZED
content.  That's what I (And I think David as well, though of course
I'll let him speak for himself :) ) am trying to prevent.

>  Btw, you saw this thread as encouraging - it isn't. It isn't about
>  David trying to appeal to cell phone video viewers, it's about him
>  trying to send video shot on his phone to his blog for viewing
>  regularly on the web or via RSS.

And the thread I started is somewhat similar, only I'm not sending
video shots over my phone.  David & I just happened to post around the
same time.

Anyhow....Back to the subject at hand :D

--
Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado