I was desperate enough to buy an apparently genuine Nokia battery
from a dealer in Liverpool Street Station.  Worked for about half an
hour, then completely broke.
But I only paid £10 for it, so I should have known.  I didn't really
care.  I needed to make some calls and a video, and it let me do that.
I hadn't heard the rumour about defective batteries slipping back
into the market, but that makes sense.  It was identical to the
battery I got with my phone (which was fine, of course), including
the hologram.
Rupert