Thank you, Jason, for contributing something that was well-timed, direct in
its intention and in context. And my tongue is not in my cheek when I say
that.

Videoblogging is fantastic and presents awe-inspiring opportunities, but it
is by no means a road to Damascus, a Utopia or a space free of the
imperfections of humanity. However – considering that this is a space in
which artistic, more commercially-aimed people and all the shades in between
have found themselves together as this medium emerged; I find it amazing
that we can talk to each other at all instead of segregating ourselves from
each other. Add our different personalties and differing take-aways from
communications like Cheryl's video and the lack of restriction on the
internet, mix and pour, and I find it it a freaking miracle that we all have
been able to talk to each other for this long.

We may not always like the tenor of the communications here, but the one
thing that remains consistent is that it definitely more authentic than your
average office, film or television set, or most other settings. Authentic is
not the same is "nice" and what some people think being "supportive" means.
If I wanted cheerleaders and yes-people, I'd create a community of fans like
many "webstars" have. I've observed enough of them to write a set of Best
Practices on the subject, but I find that doesn't serve me or hold me
accountable to being a better videoblogger and person in general, and I
suspect many others have as well. I ignore the nastiness, but look into the
criticisms for a call for people to be the best they can be. I'd take that
over fanboydom any day. Some people don't like that, and that's OK. Yet I
think we should all be responsible for the expectations we created, and not
place the blame on each other when those expectations are not fulfilled.

On 24/12/2007, Irina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   i love adam AND jay.
> oh and prettyfeet.
>
> On Dec 23, 2007 10:30 PM, Adam Quirk <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]<quirk%40wreckandsalvage.com>>
> wrote:
>
> > Glad to see Calacanis took time off from raping puppies, or whatever he
> > does
> > out there in the Hall of Doom, to be the voice of reason here. Funny to
> > see
> > Scoble trying to melodramatically leave all of us loser videobloggers in
> > the
> > pre-video-streaming dust. How can anyone with as much experience in web
> > video possibly compare Seesmic or Justin tv et al to what most of us are
> > doing? It's like comparing a phone call with grandma to an episode of
> The
> > Office. Two completely different methods of communications.
> >
> > I'm tired to think clear after sitting in an airport bar for 8 hours
> > waiting
> > for a flight that was eventually canceled.
> >
> > As for the commercial vs personal shitbag salad of an argument that
> > perpetually pops up, I say, if you can make money and still get your
> point
> > across, just fucking do it. You don't hear people complaining about Da
> > Vinci taking money to paint the last supper. JC was the original product
> > placement. Does anyone remember who paid him to paint it?
> >
> > Goodnight you shitty, worthless community of losers. I'll never leave
> you.
> >

> > On Dec 24, 2007 12:22 AM, Chris <[EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]<cjburdick%40sbcglobal.net>
> <cjburdick%40sbcglobal.net>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Also, I find there's a nugget of truth in the cliche that you get from
> > > a community what you put into it, both in quality and kind.
> > >
> > > A cooperative spirit and an open mind will generaly yield a more
> > > positive experience than an attitude of "Help me! Help me! Validate
> > > me! Love me! FUCK YOU!"
> > >
> > > Or so I hear. ;)
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >

> > > Yahoo! Groups Links