I'd like some advice as to how to work with 4:3 and 16:9 in the same
project on FCP.

All of our old stuff is 4:3 our new stuff is 16:9.

Our blip player is embedded at 16:9, and cropped real tight to keep
it very neat and clean looking: http://k9disc.com for an example.

So, I started a project in FCP. I changed the settings to regular
NTSC in Log and Capture, but did not set the project settings in the
A/V tab under the FCP menu.

So, my footage was 4:3 but the sequence was 16:9.

I'm waiting on an encode right now of a 16:9 aspect ratio letterboxed
if necessary.

I have 2 16:9 clips in the movie, our standard intro and outro.

So...
Is it going to work?

How can I plan for this in the future. It's bound to happen again.

Cheers,

Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com