Under 30??  How about if you are over 60?  Disgusting, but NPR has
always been under amazing pressure to be "fair and balanced"  When I
was a kid of about 45, I was invited to symposium on ethics in
journalism at the Poynter Institute.  At that I got into a huge fight
with Bill Bussenburg about objectivity in reporting.  My contention
was that there could never be objectivity since you as a reporter - by
the very act of choosing what you were going to include - who you were
going to talk to, and what words they said that you choose to include
in your story - by those acts you were already slanting the story to
your feeling or art. So why even pretend?  Do what you want - and be
honest about it.

The notion that a blogger "under 30" would be more in touch with
what's going on than a blogger over 30 is really nuts.  It's
insulting, and by the very act of asking for that type of person, it
denigrates the very process of reporting.

Milt "over the hill" Lee