I believe this is true.

The nudie video looked very good indeed. YouTube limits uploads to 100MB (does
it still
work that way, been a while) so they are not limiting DATA RATE. The nudie vids
were 10mins
long which is quite long, but if you encode down to H264 at a pretty high
quality BEFORE
uploading to YT I have heard you can get a lot more band for your 100MB buck.

Also, using a dedicated FLV encoder to do a 2-pass Variable Bit Rate encode
will yield much
better quality than the generic YT upload default.