My version has the Santa Rosa and LED screen from 8 mos ago.  It's
hands down the most solid computer I've ever owned.  I usually have
most of the Adobe Suite and FCP open all at the same time.  4 gigs of
RAM helps.  I would suggest it to anyone.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Verdi"

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/03/19/intel-outlines-next-generation-processors-nehalem-due-in-late-2008/

> - Verdi
>
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "love it"  bah!  long live the glorious PC and Windows down with the
> >  evil cult of Mac, did you know that it's all "those" mac people who
> >  are creating all the computer viris's?  And they are also responable
> >  for global warming, and they snore alot and have bad breath!
> >
> >  Man.....I really wish I had bought a mac, go for it!
> >
> >  Heath
> >  http://batmangeek.com
> >  http://heathparks.com
> >
> >  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <meade.dave@>
> >  wrote:
> >

> >  > I have a Macbook Pro and I love it (love it love it).  It's the
> >  first
> >  > mac I've ever owned, so I can't really compare it to others for you
> >  > but I can tell you how mine has performed...
> >  >
> >  > I have the 2.4 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo) with 2 GB of RAM
> >  > (I assume you meant to say yours would have 4GB no MB)
> >  >
> >  > Mine preforms very well.  Last night I exporting a 5minute 480x270
> >  > multi-pass H.264 mp4 at 600kb with 192kbps stereo sound ... while I
> >  > didn't actually time it I can remember / guess at this much:
> >  > * it initially said it was going to take 20some minutes but didn't
> >  > actually take nearly that long
> >  > * It probably took 7-10 minutes? (I'm a pretty bad guesser of such
> >  > things but ...)
> >  > * It wasn't long enough that I even bothered walking away from the
> >  computer.
> >  >
> >  > Sometimes when I have a more complex edit with lots of filters in
> >  FCE,
> >  > the "real time rendering" isn't great, but hitting option-r does a
> >  > very quick render of the timeline for you.
> >  >
> >  > I'm sure there will be projects where you'll want/need go off to do
> >  > something else while it exports ... but I've still always felt that
> >  my
> >  > lil' macbook pro's export times fall well within expected and
> >  > reasonable time frames.
> >  >
> >  > I have the glossy screen, and I really like it, but the
glossy/matte
> >  > issue seems to be kinda like arguing religion ... I'm not sure
there
> >  > really is a right answer.  It's probably more about which looks
> >  better
> >  > to your eye.
> >  >
> >  > well I dunno if any of that is helpful, but I use my Macbook
Pro for