I'm not familiar with The Rode VideoMic. Sounds like it has an 1/8"
mini plug? and you have a 1/8 mini to XLR adapter that you are using
to plug the mic into the DVX100b??

It may be a line-level vs. mike level thing. Have you tried toggling
the switches on the DVX from mic to line / trying them out?

What kind of result are you getting? ie: a sound with buzzing in it?
or no sound at all?

Jen

Jen Simmons
http://jensimmons.com