On 19/05/2008, at 3:41 PM, Usuff Omar wrote:

> Newbie question. I know nothing about video blogging. Working on
> first principles, the way I'd do it would be to create a wordpress
> page and embed a youtube video in it. Would that be the way to go?
> Would there be other ways to do it?

blip.tv, and a variety of other third party hosts. It is also common
to embed the video and host it yourself, using vPIP, Embed QuickTime
(google them) and a variety of other plugins (the two listed work with
wordpress)

rather than wordpress page i is more commonly done with a post, if
you're trying to video blog....

> Also, what's the ballpark length of text on the wordpress page? 300
> words? 700words? Too short, and it seems the blog is hardly worth
> reading, too long and the attention fades.

no answer, depends on quality of your writing. there are exceptional
blogs of ver brief posting, and ditto for very long. Exceptional here
is in the eye of the beholder - with the long tail et al you don't
have to aggrandise/aggregate audience share to be successful (unless
you're treating this as an old media space, then yes, brief, mention
sex liberally, and so on) :-)

> I intend putting up footage of laughter clubs in action, discussing
> what produces fake laughing vs real laughing. There's already quite a
> lot of videos of laughter clubs on youtube (also under "laughter
> yoga".)

if you want to repost youtube stuff then you can embed it into yor
wordpress blog on a post by post basis. give credit where appropriate.

cheers
Adrian Miles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
bachelor communication honours coordinator
vogmae.net.au