My dear Heath,
I do not mean to disparage anyone, especially you.  I am merely tired of the
"mac is more expensive than PC" mis-conception.  It was true in the 80's,
maybe some of the 90's, but not here in the new century, especially when you
map components side by side.

Most people who disparage Macs have never really used them. Most people who
disparage PC's, have used them. I would bet money on that.

I'll repeat my first comment in part - I truly admire being able to look at
things objectively when group mind goes so strongly in one direction. I was
curious to see what I would learn in the thread. And for me I have ended up
where I started - an appreciative Mac user. :-)  Thank you for speaking up!

Love and hugs to you, Rox

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> > ranting that it should never have broken in the first place. (Hint
> hint -
> > how to get good customer service)
> >
> > This message started off with a comparison from a very old Mac to a
> brand
> > new top of the line Mac. Yes, you are going to spend some bucks
> taking that
> > route. But that doesn't mean Macs are more expensive. It means you
> have
> > champagne taste, and I will be the first to raise a glass to that!
> I always
> > buy the best computer I can possibly afford at each new milestone,
> knowing
> > it will last me longer. I still have a 12" G4 laptop and it serves
> as a
> > great bookkeeping and surf-while-watching-TV machine. We just gave
> a 6-year
> > old eMac running Tiger to a friend for her 3-year old. The thing
> only cost
> > $899 when it was brand new, it still looks great and performs just
> fine if
> > you are not in a big hurry.
> >
> > I rarely choose to rant on this list. It's kinda fun to get out of
> my box
> > though. :-)
> >
> > Aloha and thanks for listening,
> >
> > Rox
> >

> > On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Patrick Delongchamp
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Another thing to definitely consider.
> > >
> > > but getting back to the topic at hand, i'd summarize the
> conversation
> > > as the following:
> > >
> > > Mac - It's much more expensive but a better value and you'll be
> very happy
> > > PC - You'll be reasonably happy and have more money in your
> pocket but
> > > you'll have a higher learning curve.
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Jake Ludington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<jake%
>
> 40jakeludington.com>>
> products can be
> financial
> first

> would be
> with
> had it not
> phone until
> > > the
> buying
> > > another
> risk than the
> having a new
> > > phone

> is a
> decision of

> more
> items. If I
> the $100
> > > is a

> everything?
> > > Certainly

> > --
> > Roxanne Darling
> > "o ke kai" means "of the sea" in hawaiian
> > Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more

Roxanne Darling