Followed this on techmeme.com and now here.

I haven't had enough time to keep up on Qik and their competitors, so
regardless of wether I agree or disagree with Scoble or Steve's posts
the important thing for me is that the perspectives are most
informative. Thank you both.

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Steve Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nokia has a bluetooth keyboard that works with the N93/N95...

Can't you get  bluetooth keyboard for the iPod too?

I find it fascinating that the number one issue in the blackberry vs.
iphone debate is still the tactile keyboard.

Personally I find the issue a little like debating the keyboard on the
ThinkPad vs. the Macbook. All that is required is a little time to
becoem comfortable with a new interface.

I thought by now someone might have made an invisible plasitc overlay
that raises or at least offers a tiny little nibs on the touch to
offer some ositive tactile touch feedback. This would help people
rapidly develop an instinctual finger or thumb placement on the iphone
so they can learn to type faster and more accurately over time.

P.S. Regarding something B Yen said about generalizing vs. niche markets.

Funny, some would say when Youtube started it was in an extremely
niche market. Some might still say it is. The same might have been
said of apple, ibm, even microsoft back in the day. The trick is
finding a niche market / an evolving market and exploding it. You
don't set out to become a generalist, you make/set the market and
therby become the defacto standard. It's the next generation of
innovators who try to figure out where the market is going so they can
carve out a niche in its path. This is exactly what qik and the other
fore mentioned services are doing.

I tend to believe that Qik and the rest of these "live streaming"
video blogging services are the future. 5-10 years from now the
majority of video posted might well be "live" via wifi, wimax or some
post-cessor to 3g.

I find it funny that only 4 years after youtube started in this very
niche segment of blogging called "video blogging" that we now consider
them a generalist. It's a mark of just how big this space has
exploded.

Peace,

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog