I agree.  I've been using a Canon Ixus 860 (European name for
Powershot, I think) and it shoots beautiful video.  I love it.  And
it's FANTASTIC in low light.  Better than Xacti.  But not quite so
good a grip.  I think the Xacti pistol grip is the best way to shoot
- better than the traditional camcorder grip.

It produces big video files, though, compared to other little cameras
I've used - so get yourself an 8GB memory card or two.  I found the
best deals for memory cards online - shops will rip you off.
Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 12-Jun-08, at 12:48 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

 > I'm heading to India for my honeymoon and the entire summer and
plan to vlog
 > and do some
 > interviews from there.
 > I *do not* plan to bring my macbook. I just want to bring a
firewire or usb
 > cable and upload
 > at cafes.
 > It needs to be small, light and easy to travel with and have
decent sound.

the canon powershot is actually a great choice.
it has good sound, its small.

It also records in AVI so a PC in an internet cafe will read them.
Just use Windows Movie Maker that comes with XP.
should be on most public computers.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com