Let's see... I usually shoot at 640X480, but sometimes choose one of the HD
settings. I have a newer Mac Book Pro (about a year old).

To get the thing on my mac, I usually put the SD card into a usb card
reader, and upload all the pics and video files together into iPhoto, then
drag the videos out that I want to use and delete the rest. I'm able to
drag/drop the video file from a folder right into the bin in FCE.

It's FCE 4.0, and it's OSX Leopard (I update it regularly).

Hope that helps!

David King
davidleeking.com - blog
davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog