On the flip side of hyper-distribution: 

Mefeedia.com aggregates from almost all of these sites, and we have
spent a LOT of time and resources removing "duplicates". I can't tell
you how many times we see the same videos coming in from YouTube,
DailyMotion, Metacafe, Veoh, etc. etc... We have also seen a dramatic
increase in SPAM video polluting many different video sites through
various distribution strategies. Gives me some ideas for our next
"State of the Vlogosphere" - been almost a year...

For those of you interested in generating revenue from your videos -
have people seen an increase in revenue with the increased
distribution? The TubeMogul approach is much different than, say,
Hulu, which is all about syndicating Hulu content in Hulu's Player,
with Hulu's ads (Blip's distribution strategy to date seems more in
line with this approach as well...).  The reason I ask is that I've
seen numbers vary wildly in terms of quality of revenue depending on
who is controlling the content and player - for example: one creator i
know receives a $30 CPM for video ads using their player (and
syndicating that player to Mefeedia.com) vs. $1 CPM for ads on
YouTube. I'd like to see some analysis on this. 

Regards,
Frank 

http://www.mefeedia.com - Feed Me Media

--- In [email protected], "David King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> In my uninformed opinion, they're two very different things. At
least for
> me, they are. I host my videos on Blip (plus do a little
distribution). I
> upload to Tubemogul - which lets me send the videos to blip and
youtube at
> the same time.
> I haven't yet decided if that's really saving me any time - I still
have to
> get into blip to change the video's copyright to a cc license and
then send
> the videos to delicious, twitter, and my blog. So maybe I should
just do a
> second upload to youtube and skip tubemogul? Not sure... but that's what
> I've been playing with for awhile, anyway :-)
> 
> 
> David King
> davidleeking.com - blog
> davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
> 
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Sheila English <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> 
> >   Am I missing anything? lol
> >
> > This is what I use for primary delivery of our videos. Lately I've
> > seen a lot of media attention regarding many of the sites. I saw an
> > article recently that talks about TubeMogul vs. Blip-
> >
> > http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/06/online_video_competitors_still.php
> >
> > I use TubeMogul and send my videos to Blip, so I'm sure I'm just
> > missing the issue here. Am I not getting both?
> >
> > I do love Blip's distribution and I use it to the fullest extent.
> >
> > Now Hey!Spread has come up with some pretty cool stuff! I am going to
> > try out their cloning tool. That tool takes your YouTube videos and
> > sends them all to another site with a click of a button. Here's
> > something on that-
> >
> >
http://particle-s.com/2008/07/01/heyspread-v3-released-mass-distribute-trackn-stat-youclone-design-pricing-and-updated-api/
> > I don't know if those long URLs work here or not, but you can go to
> > www.heyspread.com and check out their blog to get this info as well.
> >
> > I love Social Poster and use it all the time. I have seen a marked
> > increase in views after using this software, so I highly recommend it.
> > www.socialposter.com
> >
> > And of course I use RSS anywhere and everywhere I can! My TubeMogul
> > uploads go out to 12 places, but then from there I use RSS and get
> > another 15-20 sites with that one upload.
> >
> > Anyone else doing the same? Or, am I missing anything?
> >
> > Sheila
> >
> >  
> >
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Reply via email to