Thanks Pete,
I found this a while ago, but after downloading the source files it  
seemed to be windows-only...
I see in the notes that it supports osx too, so I'll have another dig around.

thanks again!

Quoting Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> David Terranova wrote:
>> This actually brings me on to another point.
>>
>> I’ve been having all sorts of problems when using public players (that
>> aren’t my own) to play my anamorphic 16:9 FLV videos.
>> When uploading to blip.tv, for example, the widescreen video would be
>> squashed into a square (1:1). After a lot of fiddling around it turns out
>> that my Sorenson Squeeze is setting the metadata of the flv incorrectly: the
>> width is correct, but the height is always the same as the width, which
>> explains why all the players are squashing my videos into squares.
>> Bear in mind that it’s Squeeze is doing this only with anamorphic formats.
>>
>> Now, apparently there’s a way to edit the metadata of an flv after it has
>> been compressed, but the only ways to do this are by using a windows
>> machine.
>
>> Does anyone know how to edit an FLV’s metadata on a mac?
>
> I've used the command line tool flvtoo2 before:
>
>     http://www.inlet-media.de/flvtool2
>
> Thought not to change the dimensions. It seems like it might work though.
>
>
> Pete
>
>




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to