Ronen - my experience - and that of a bunch of people I've read on  
Twitter - is that editing programs don't like cutting H264 files from  
Xactis very much.
That might (or might not) be what your problem is.
I had thought that Sony Vegas got past this, because it appeared to  
import any format.
But later I saw that it, too, had problems with some mp4 Xacti files.

You could use MPEG Streamclip - which Jay suggested - but I'm not  
sure that the PC version has batch convert - last time I checked only  
the Mac version did - but I can't find any answer to this online so  
download it and see.

I use VisualHub on my Mac to convert mp4 & AVI files to .dv format  
for Final Cut Pro (which hates different codecs).
But they're only 640x480 clips and I've just seen that your footage  
is HD, so perhaps .dv wouldn't be appropriate for you.

Caution converting to AVI: I know Vegas has problems with some AVI  
files.  You can read up about this in Vegas support forums.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv


On 22-Sep-08, at 6:48 AM, Jay dedman wrote:

 > I recently got a Sanyo HD-1010. It's beautiful, small, vertical,  
and shoots
 > 1080/720-i/p to SD Memory Cards. I really like it.
 > Except my video editor, Sony Vegas, does not. If I try loading  
more than 18
 > of the .mp4 video files into Vegas, on the 19th file it goes  
crashy crashy.
 > *(This is not a hardware issue. I have suitable processing and ram  
power
 > left unused.) My last project has yet to be output because of this.
 > Can anyone recommend any good tools for batch-converting the mp4s  
to AVI
 > format? I would consider it tantamount to saving my life ;)

Hey Ronen--

MPEG Streamclip (a favorite) is a great free conversion tool that does
batch capture:
http://www.squared5.com/

This is a common question so I hope others will help fill out the
group's wiki page with your own experience::
http://videoblogginggroup.pbwiki.com/Compression+and+Transcoding+sofware

Jay

-- 
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to