Hi everyone:

JD, I'm getting in on this late, but are you editing and exporting or just 
simply transcoding/converting?

If all you're doing is simply transcoding/converting, I would recommend 
downloading a program called Free Video Converter from Koyote Software. You can 
download it from http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html (It's freeware and it's 
a free download too).

Alternatively, if you don't feel comfortable going to a website you may know 
jack squat about, you can generally find it on CNET.  Just enter the words Free 
Video Converter in the search box and it should right at or near the top.

This program will convert video into several different formats in a variety of 
configurations (INCLUDING .MOV & MP4).

Check it out....

Hope this helps....

Cheers 

Pat Cook
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Denver, CO
BLOGS & PODCASTS
AS MY WORLD TURNS - http://asmyworldturns.blogspot.com/
AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com/
KB0OXD CYBERSHACK | HAM MUSINGS - http://kb0oxd.blogspot.com/
KB0OXD CYBERSHACK | SITE & STATION NEWS - 
http://kb0oxdcybershacknews.blogspot.com/
THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE - http://theleftwingconservative.blogspot.com/


From: JD Lasica 
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:13 PM
To: videoblogging 
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: iphone compression in imovie and fcp


Rupert wrote:

> You can find it in your Browser in FCP - the list of all the clips &
sequences. Either scroll across to read the detailed settings for
each clip & sequence, or ctrl+click on them individually and choose
Item Properties.

Actually, that's the first place I looked. :~) But I didn't know
Anamorphic was a heading. OK, both the sequence and the movie file are
unchecked, so not Anamorphic. Something else is the culprit.

I just tried the ipod compression trick in FCP -- and it didn't work.

It comes out squeezed, just as with the iphone conversion.

Ah, well, back to the drawing board. Or the Verdi workaround.

jd


 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to