Here it is: 
http://reports.graymattergravy.com/2008/10/26/export-from-final-cut-pro/

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Michael Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think I properly explained how I do this so I'm making a
> screencast right now. It's pretty simple - no messing with sequence
> presets plus you create an archive of your work in the process. I'll
> post it this evening and I'll post back here when it's up.
>
> - Verdi
>
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Rupert....you should take 1 minute and record this here:
>> http://videoblogginggroup.pbwiki.com/#Compression
>> Hate to see this solution lost.
>>
>> Jay
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> So I just spent an hour or so on AIM with JD, making it work. So
>>> that he can just export once instead of exporting at full resolution
>>> and then exporting again smaller.
>>>
>>> The problem is that the HDV frame size is 1440x1080 (4:3), with an
>>> Pixel Aspect Ratio of HD (1440x1080).
>>>
>>> But the video itself is widescreen - 1920x1080 (16:9), so it's being
>>> squeezed in a sort of anamorphic. But Final Cut (version 5) didn't
>>> seem to understand this properly. When exporting, it was treating it
>>> as if it was a 1440x1080 4:3 movie.
>>>
>>> We hacked it by creating a new sequence that was 1920x1080 with
>>> square pixel aspect ratio. Then checking the Anamorphic setting on
>>> the clips, and turning off the setting in the Canvas that says "View
>>> as Square Pixels".
>>>
>>> There must be a way of setting it so that both sequence and clip are
>>> the same, and so that Final Cut knows that it's effectively an
>>> anamorphic sequence and clip. Any ideas on this would be gratefully
>>> received.
>>>
>>> At least for now JD's getting an easy export of his movies.
>>>
>>> Bloody aspect ratio and anamorphic issues must waste more time than
>>> anything else.
>>>
>>> Rupert
>>> http://twittervlog.tv
>>>
>>> On 23-Oct-08, at 2:17 PM, JD Lasica wrote:
>>>
>>> First, thanks, Rupert and Michael V. for the quick and incisive
>>> responses. I learned a lot today!
>>>
>>> This is quite interesting (to me, anyway). When I followed Michael's
>>> method of exporting a .dv file in FC Pro, opening it in QuickTime Pro,
>>> then exporting it as an .mp4, the resulting file was actually a
>>> quarter-inch shorter than the version I exported directly as an .mp4
>>> in iMovie 6. (Unless I'm doing something wrong. Michael, you said:
>>> export a full resolution copy from FCP -- does that mean Export as "DV
>>> Stream"? That's what I did.)
>>>
>>> Rupert, thanks much. The Aspect Ratio is set to 0.
>>>
>>> Where do I look to see if my Clip and Sequence are both checked as
>>> Anamorphic - or not? I'm new to FCP and don't see the word Anamorphic
>>> anywhere ...
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>> jd
>>>
>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> http://jaydedman.com
>> 917 371 6790
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> http://graymattergravy.com
>



-- 
http://graymattergravy.com

Reply via email to