Merry NY Band.

Well it's true for my book about how to be a good Production Assistant
at least. If you self-publish a book on Lulu.com (on demand printer)
with their free ISBN choice that uses them as the Publisher, but also
retains copyright and cancellation with you,  it does make it to
Amazon in two months or so. (They also have an option I think for $100
where you are the publisher and can do multiple books.)
http://www.amazon.com/Production-Assistants-Pocket-Handbook/dp/143575624X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1226413634&sr=8-1

They price it for one penny less then the price I set on Lulu, and I
get less of a cut on LuLu. Cleaver. Write a review if you're read it!
It's selling about 2 a day online, mostly PDF downloads which are
about the same profit as the printed copy:
http://www.noendpress.com/caleb/edtech/index.php

Caleb (coffee bought from book sales tastes better) Clark