I guess this one is my fault, Rupert, as I know these folks and have helped
them in the past.
I think I share a fair amount here, but some of it slips through the cracks!

One of the organizers shoots and edits all the video at chow.com He's one of
us!


Schlomo Rabinowitz
http://schlomo.tv - finally moving to wordpress
http://hatfactory.net - relaxed coworking
AIM:schlomochat


On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Rupert <[email protected]> wrote:

>   Submissions already closed.
>
> We're weirdly disorganised about these things in our community. Most
> filmmaking communities are sharing information about festivals and
> competitions all the time - and all other opportunities for getting
> your films seen by a wider audience and getting useful awards/prizes.
>
> So many of the people here are making stuff that would take this kind
> of festival by storm. If I'd known about the DFF, I would have
> submitted my films and I hope I'd get something in - but it doesn't
> occur to me to look.
>
> Can other people reply with other similar festivals/comps that they
> know about, and we'll make a wiki page with submission dates?
>
> Rupert
> http://twittervlog.tv
>
>
> On 11-Dec-08, at 7:55 AM, Jay dedman wrote:
>
> Not sure I like the word "Disposable", but interesting all the same.
> http://disposablefilmfest.com/about/
>
> The Disposable Film Festival was created in 2007 to celebrate the
> artistic
> > potential of disposable video: short films made on non-
> professional devices
> > such as one-time use video cameras, cell phones, point and shoot
> cameras,
> > webcams, computer screen capture software, and other readily
> available video
> > capture devices. With people everywhere posting videos online, we
> felt the
> > time was right to draw attention to the creative potential of this
> new mode
> > of filmmaking. Far beyond its initial roles for video blogging and
> > documentation, the DFF offers a forum to display how disposable
> media can be
> > used for creative purposes. The DFF hosts screenings,
> competitions, and
> > other events to showcase the best work within the disposable genre.
> >
> > We want your Disposable Films. So, shoot 'em, cut 'em, and send
> them in.
> >
>
> --
> http://jaydedman.com
> 917 371 6790
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>  
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to