From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:videoblogg...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Adam Quirk
Sent: Friday, 9 January 2009 8:13 AM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] MP4 video track missing

Thanks Rambo. I think it turned out to be a strange combination of both
aspect ration and frame rate. I tried running it through every
compression
app I have, and nothing worked. Finally, I ended up just bringing the
files
into Premiere one by one, adjusting fps and aspect, re-aligning the
audio
and video tracks (they somehow got disassociated) and then rendering out
from there.

Incredible hassle. I'm not sure why Vegas did this, as I was pretty
explicit
in my compression settings I thought. But this definitely turned me off
from
that product. Back to Premiere, the devil I know.

*Adam Quirk* / Wreck & Salvage <http://wreckandsalv
<http://wreckandsalvage.com> age.com> /
qu...@wreckandsalva <mailto:quirk%40wreckandsalvage.com> ge.com / +1
551.208.4644 (m) / imbullemhead (aim)

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Rambos Locker
<rambos_locker@ <mailto:rambos_locker%40people.net.au>
people.net.au>wrote:

> I suspect it's the aspect ratio or frame rate causing the problem.
This

<http://360.malltalent.com/media/arthur_pendragon.mp4>
nt.com/media/arthur_pendragon.mp4>
> nt.com/media/arthur_pendragon.mp4
>
> And a screenshot:
> http://360.malltale <http://360.malltale
<http://360.malltalent.com/media/mp4_example.jpg>
nt.com/media/mp4_example.jpg>
> nt.com/media/mp4_example.jpg
>
> And the readout from file analysis:
>
> SUPER (c) - Multimedia Analysis Box * (**by **http://mediainfo.
> <http://mediainfo. <http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net> sourceforge.net>
sourceforge.net)
> *
> Analyzing the source file arthur_pendragon.mp4
>
> General #0 *Complete name :* C:\Documents and
> Settings\Quirk\Desktop\Mall
> Talent\Performance Videos\arthur_pendragon.mp4 *Format :* MPEG-4
> *Format/Info
> :* ISO 14496-1 version 2 *Format/Family :* MPEG-4 *File size :* 15.2
> MiB *PlayTime
> :* 1mn 260ms *Bit rate :* 2114 Kbps *StreamSize :* 43.5 KiB *Encoded
> date :* UTC
> 2008-12-13 17:52:41 *Tagged date :* UTC 2008-12-13 17:52:41
> Video #0 *Codec :* H.264 *Codec/Info :* H.264 (3GPP) *PlayTime :* 1mn
> 260ms *Bit rate :* 1980 Kbps *Width :* 360 pixels *Height :* 240
> pixels *Display
> Aspect ratio :* 1.500 *Frame rate :* 59.940 fps *Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :*
> 0.375
> *StreamSize :* 14.2 MiB *Language :* English *Encoded date :* UTC
> 2008-12-13
> 17:52:41 *Tagged date :* UTC 2008-12-13 17:52:41
> Audio #0 *Codec :* AAC LC *Codec/Info :* AAC Low Complexity *PlayTime
:*
> 1mn
> 245ms *Bit rate :* 128 Kbps *Bit rate mode :* CBR *Channel(s) :* 2
> channels
> *Channel positions :* L R *Sampling rate :* 48 KHz *Resolution :* 16
> bits *StreamSize
> :* 941 KiB *Language :* English *Encoded date :* UTC 2008-12-13
> 17:52:41 *Tagged
> date :* UTC 2008-12-13 17:52:41
>
> *Adam Quirk* / Wreck & Salvage <http://wreckandsalv
> <http://wreckandsalv <http://wreckandsalvage.com> age.com> age.com> /
> qu...@wreckandsalva
<mailto:quirk%40wreckandsalvage.com<quirk%2540wreckandsalvage.com>>