Adam,

I just joined your community and started a blog.

I'll write some dog training stuff on there or something.

Buddy press is pretty cool. Pretty intimidating for a noobie though.
Lots and lots of buttons!

RE Video Plugin...

I just downloaded and installed a new component for Joomla, JVideo
that is pretty amazing.

It's lacking some features - rss feeds and downloadable links, but
it's a real nice encoding an playing package.

It is hosted by a company called infinovision ( http://
infinovision.com  ). It allows for uploading, hosting, transcoding
and streaming of video and the joomla integration is pretty flawless.

I have not monkeyed with it that much, but it sure looks nice.

Service is $99 per month, and I'm really considering hopping on it.

Anybody know anything about the company?

I'll enable uploads to the public if you want to check it out. The
site is closed to the public right now, but is largely done. Just
holding out on content creators and the next greatest upgrade of a
few important components...

That's getting old. I'm half tempted to just open it right up right
now, and let it happen... lol

http://k9athlete.com/community/videoplex-ii  - JVideo Upload page

http://k9athlete.com/community/watch - JVideo Gallery

http://k9athlete.com/community/videoplex  - HWDVideoshare

is HWDVideoshare, a $20 component for Joomla that allows for ffmpeg
and server-side transcoding, as well as external host wrapping...
Very nice, a bit clunky, but I think it will do it all.

peace,
Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com