Isn't it a bit of an oversimplification to say H.264 is universally better than
.flv?  Because I've seen situations where .flv is both better quality AND
smaller file size than H.264 (using the same parameters).

For example, some of the videos I post are filmed from the back of a moving
Vespa.  With the background changing constantly and quickly, I make use of the
auto keyframe feature in Sorenson Squeeze which inserts keyframes when needed
rather than simply at a fixed interval.  With that feature turned on, my (On2
VP6) .flv video is both better quality and smaller file size than the
equivalent video in H.264.

So is it better to say that video quality depends on how your encoding
application handles content, rather than on the codec used?

- Warren Schirtzinger
http://www.vespadiaries.com/