great posts, mr elbows.  i agree about naming files .mp4 rather than
mov or m4v.

yeah, i was very happy with 3ivx so it took me a while to get excited
about h264 for videoblogging. Looking back at my posts from 2005
recently, I saw that I seemed to get insanely low file sizes with
3ivx.  admittedly they were 320x240 but there wasn't much noticeable
pixellation or loss of detail.

and looking at my workingformydad.com wmv files that i made with my
webcam back in 2003, they were mostly 200-800kb for 30 seconds to 1
minute.  not much different in quality to my nokia mp4 files, really,
but about 10 times smaller.  wmv ftw.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv