I'd like to share a freshly launched project with this group -- this is the
new video portal for PBS, and is a project that I'm truly proud to have been
a part of (I'm the product mgr).

http://pbs.org/video/

The first thing you’ll notice is that the site has full-length episodes from
many of the iconic shows on PBS (arguably some of the best programming on
television). This library of full-length content will be growing
substantially over time with new content added every week, and eventually
the goal is to make as much programming available on the web as possible.
This will include local content, full-length documentaries, and extensive
archives.

What’s not yet apparent is that this is only the first step of a much larger
project that will serve many different constituents at PBS — most
importantly our community of 100’s of local stations. There are components
that enable stations to publish their own content, share content between
stations, and build custom online video experiences. We’re also using the
same underlying platform to power video experiences on various PBS producer
websites and also PBS KIDS GO! <http://pbskids.org/go/video/>

The whole effort has required a lot of coordination across departments at
PBS and could not have been possible without extensive collaboration with
local stations and producers.

There’s still a long way to go and a lot of potential yet to be realized --
there's a lot of features that didn't make it into this first launch,
particularly some of the more innovative things that might make it more
interesting and appealing to this group (aside from the content).

So that's why I'm asking for your feedback here! Please take a look, enjoy
some of the videos, and feel free to drop a note to let me know what you
think.

Thanks!
-----
Joshua Kinberg