He could try mirroring it as it currently is using wget... here's a
tutorial:
http://fosswire.com/post/2008/04/create-a-mirror-of-a-website-with-wget/

I've used this technique to archive old WP blogs that I don't want to keep
up-to-date with security fixes.

Not certain it would work with blogger... but he could export, import to
another blog then mirror (hackish workaround tho it is).

good luck!