The wget technique would allow him to archive it as-is offline, it should
pull down and link all relevant files -- probably would take a bit of
prodding and pushing to make it perfect. Of course it wouldn't be plain text
-- it would retain the blogger templates, etc. So it depends on what he
wants in the end... just the barebones of the text, or an archive of the
actual site.

Not sure you could use wget on Windows however.

Good luck! -Tim