Just to test, I uploaded and FLV file to YouTube. Here's the version that
YouTube rendered  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4YbxYHJM0

and here is the version that I uploaded as an FLV to YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CR-Ra4eAcw . You can fast forward to the
middle part of each video to compare the clarity of the screencasts.

I guess when doing screencasting with YouTuve, it pays to convert to FLV
locally before uploading to YouTube.

Just so you know, I converted the original 640x480 mp4 to FLV 640x480 with
the free Quick Media Converter software. I used the easy settings on QMC.

For the sake of comparison, I also uploaded an FLV version to Blip.  The FLV
is here http://bizresearchbasics.blip.tv/file/2496646/
and the original is at http://bizresearchbasics.blip.tv/file/2493638/ .  I
can't tell a difference between the two, so Blip evidently handles the
screencasts better with the native files than YouTube.

--Chad

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Chad Boeninger <[email protected]>wrote:

> Hello all,
> I uploaded the identical 640x480 mp4 file to both Blip and Youtube.  Here
> is the Youtube Version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4YbxYHJM0 and the
> Blip Version http://blip.tv/file/2493638 .Once you get past the part with
> me giving the introduction in the Youtube video, you can see how the
> screencast gets squished (for lack of a better term).  I'm going to use Blip
> for my actual show, but then also post content to Youtube.
>
> Do most folks here post the same content to both places?  Do you have a
> particular way to render for  Youtube?  With some previous videos, I
> actually converted the FLV on my desktop with Quick Media Converter and then
> uploaded to Youtube.  Here's the result
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgSU-6y9OLM  , which is clearly better
> quality.  I'd rather not have the extra step, but I guess it's necessary if
> I want the better quality.  On a related note, does anyone know if the Blip
> to Youtube sends a FLV to Youtube or the source?
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>
> --
> Chad F. Boeninger
> libraryvoice.com - blog
> libraryvoice.com/videos - videoblog
> twitter.com/cfboeninger
>



-- 
Chad F. Boeninger
libraryvoice.com - blog
libraryvoice.com/videos - videoblog
twitter.com/cfboeninger


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to