I almost missed this!  Hi!  I thought you'd vanished from the
vlogosphere...

I really recommend checking out and talking to Rox and Shane from
http://www.beachwalks.tv
Which seems to me to be closest to the kind of thing you're talking
about.
They are incredibly professional, and have a regular simple formula
for most of their episodes, which they repeat with great regularity
and success - but they also do special episodes on local things.
And they have a local (Hawaii) community that they've built up, with
local businesses and citizens involved.  They have an active Ning
social network called the Reef, focussing on the show but also on
Hawaii things.  They organise Podcamp Hawaii, too.

Another great local vlog/network is Bill Streeter's Lo Fi St Louis at
http://lofistl.com
Similarly, he has a Ning network called The Circuit, which is art &
music based.

And it's though not a local show (though they're local to you) Steve
and Zadi have done amazing things building up Epic Fu
http://www.epicfu.com
Building business & sponsorship relationships, and running their very
successful network Mix (again Ning based)

Steve Garfield has just written a book called Get Seen - Online Video
Secrets to Promoting Your Business
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Seen-by-Steve-Garfield/86657051226?_fb_noscript=1
which might help you out, too.

Good luck!