--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan <sullele...@...> wrote:

> I agree.
> I also think mailing lists are quite sufficient for the discourse.

This complication of what platforms? crops up all the time when , in effect,
the preferred remedy -- one that's customized, almost boutique -- is a
combination of platforms tweaked to suit.

At the moment I'm exploring how far I can push wikis -- easy to use wikis like
Wikspaces -- and I'm thinking that if you embed elements in the wiki -- pages,
flash media, Yahoo discussion groups -- you can at least pull many elements
into the one address and make it a working hub.

Of course with wikis the community rules via a strong measure of consensus.

So if an element is working for you -- such as a Yahoo discussion group -- why
put it aside? Why not build on it by aggregating other features. I hate the
add-ons available on Yahoo.

dave riley