"Consider the use of sports highlight footage by competing television
networks. The networks have a mutual agreement whereby they can air the
highlight footage, in return for letting other networks air the highlights
to which they have exclusive rights. Even though the highlights are short,
they are the most valuable part of a recording of a sports event. To the
extent that it might be argued that "fair use" applied, it would not be to
the highlights, but would be to the routine play in between the highlights -
the type of footage that doesn't make for compelling news coverage. Also,
there are exceptions to the mutual agreement, which is why you will
frequently find that highlight footage from Olympic events is broadcast only
on the network which purchased the rights to broadcast the Olympic games."

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/intellectual_property/fair_use.html
(first google result for: sports highlights fair use)

Unless the point of the project is to rise this issue/debate of fair use for
sports "highlights" (that would be an interesting experiment) then i think
you may eventually risk the possibility of wasting your time by having to
respond to some lawyers and take down the content.

In the spirt of IDGAF, good luck finding more footage.  I don't know of any
specific repoz.

sull