Hey Amani,
   Nice work with the behind-the-scenes video on the iPhone.

I've been experimenting with wearable and cameraphone videos for a
while, and the iPhone does make capturing and distributing clips as
easy as (if not easier than) a Flip cam.

My goal is to produce and distribute decently produced video around
events as quickly as possible. Traditionally I'd edit with iMovie with
minimal fuss.

More recently, I got myself several iPhone tripod solutions, inclusing
the amazing OWLE (wantOWLE.com) camera mount for $99, which act as an
iPhone stabilizer, provides a position-able external microphone, and
most importantly, a bright 37 mm wide-angle lens built for the iPhone
3GS that improves the quality of mobile video. The mounts lets you
swap lenses for the iPhone, which is insanely great.

I do find that the iPhone does manage to handle tricky lighting
scenarios better than regular pocket cams (e.g. Flip cam), due to the
our ability to tap on the picture region for camera focus. Audio gets
tricker, especially if you use an external line-in or higher quality
dock-connector microphone. I learned the hard way about interference
from the iPhone's cell signals, so I've to remember to turn on
"Airplane mode" next time I shoot.

Here's an example of a video interview I did where halfway through, I
had to lower the audio and put in subtitles:
http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=2832

Finally, I've been trying to work with video WITHOUT my MacBook Pro,
solely relying on the iPhone to capture, edit and distribute clips
online. I've used ReelDirector to edit videos on the iPhone (it's like
a lite iMovie) with great success, as well as several video sharing
tools such as TwitVid and Vidly. I do this mostly for the conference
sessions I capture. Friends on twitter are amazed by the speed I can
get the clips up for further discussion.

Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist
http://theory.isthereason.com
This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
email locator: ╔╗╔═╦╗ ║╚╣║║╚╗ ╚═╩═╩═╝